Issue 10 - September 27, 2018
Space close Sept 10, 2018
Market Overview and Cover Story:
Baremetal Server - computing power on demand
If the need for IT computing power fluctuates, backup servers quickly become too expensive. Dynamic private VMs - or baremetal servers that providers charge by operating hours - can help.
High Performance Computing
HPE Xeon on the ISS. Space travel must remain affordable. That's why NASA has opted for standard instead of special systems: HPE computers with Linux.
Software development at Volkswagen
Use of the Testing Maturity Model (TMM). Maturity models such as TMM are not intended to improve the quality of the software, but that of the test process. How the VW developers work with it.
Machine Learning: Using Google TensorFlow
With TensorFlow Serving, machine learning models can be deployed quickly, flexibly and, above all, at high performance in production environments. How this works, shows the next iX.
iX extra Security: What the it-sa 2018 has to offer
The trade fair for IT security, which takes place every year in Nuremberg, has meanwhile gained significance beyond Germany. Here, too, the EU GDPR is a central topic, in particular tools for data leakage prevention and data discovery.
Supplement "Data Center & Infrastructure III"
• Focus: what edge data centers must endure
• Data Center Trends: Why Data Centers Move Closer to the Data Sources
• Critical Infrastructures: what attackers are after today
• Academic Cloud: Where Lower Saxony's Universities Reach
• Liquid cooling: Which RZ standards apply to coolants
• Predictive Maintenance: how smart RZ deal with application data
Topics are subject to change